You do not have to give us any of the personal data set out above but, if you do not provide us with certain information, you will be unable to enter into a tenancy arrangement with us and we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you have requested from us. The forms you fill in on our Website and/or which are sent to you by us in hard copy/by email will make it clear what information we need in order to provide the product or service you are requesting and what information you can choose to provide if you wish.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We do not currently carry out automated decision-making using information we hold about you.
SHARING YOUR DATA
SHARING YOUR DATA WITHIN THE ASHCOURT GROUP
We may share your personal data with other companies within our group, specifically, Swipe Living Limited (“Swipe Living”) which hosts the Ashcourt Group’s property management platform.
SHARING YOUR DATA WITH TRUSTED THIRD PARTIES
We share your personal data with trusted third parties to allow us to provide our services to you. When we share your data with these third parties we have written contracts in place with them which require them to only use your data for the purpose we specify to them and that your privacy is secure and respected.
These trusted third parties include the following:
- professional service providers such as our software developer, Big Orange Software Ltd and The One Point, our IT service providers, who help us run our business;
- our third party payment providers, Go Cardless and Secure Collections, in order to allow you to make one off payments or set up direct debits directly to us; and
- our security company, Shield Security, in order for them to identify or assist you with any security issues (for example, if you get locked out of your accommodation).
We may also share your personal data:
- in connection with a business transition (such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or a sale of all of or portion of our assets). In these circumstances, we may need to share your personal data with a prospective buyer and external professional advisors such as accountants, insurers, lawyers or financial institutions; and/or
- where we have a duty or a legal obligation to do so, such as with the police, administrative authorities, other enforcement, regulatory or Government bodies, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will not be transferred outside of the EU/EEA.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may also keep hold of some of your personal data if we are required to do so for legal purposes, for example, to meet our legal or regulatory requirements or to prevent fraud and abuse.
Once your personal data is no longer required by us for the above purposes, we will delete and/or destroy it.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure and we have put in place suitable administrative, technical, physical, contractual and managerial measures to protect your personal data from loss, theft, unauthorised use, disclosure or modification, including encryption, where appropriate. Our employees who have access to and process your personal data are obliged to respect the confidentiality and security of your personal data. Personal data from any hard copy forms completed and submitted to us are held in password protected areas on our server and the hard copy forms are kept in a locked filing cabinet in a locked office.
Your personal data is also uploaded onto the Swipe Living Student Swipe property management platform. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access, such as the use of SSL and hashing passwords stored on the database with Bcrypt. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our app; any transmission is at your own risk.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
HOW CAN I UNSUBSCRIBE FROM MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS?
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, to request:
- access to the personal data we hold about you (commonly known as a “data subject access request”) including a copy of it;
- the correction of the personal information that we hold about you if it is incomplete or inaccurate;
- the deletion or removal of personal data we hold about you where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it or where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- for our processing of your personal information to be restricted in certain circumstances, for example if you want to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- to obtain a copy of the personal information you’ve provided us with and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer it to a third party of your choice; and
- to withdraw any consent you have provided to our use of your personal data. Where you withdraw consent we will stop using your data for the specific purpose, unless we have an alternative legal basis to use it.
We may ask you for proof of your identity before dealing with your request, as a security measure to protect your data.
RIGHT TO OBJECT
Where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests, you can ask us to stop processing it and we must do so unless we believe we have an overriding legitimate reason to continue processing your personal data or the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If you are dissatisfied with how we have handled your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to your data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”), and we will work with them to resolve it. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please do contact us in the first instance.
- by email at email@example.com;
- by post: Ashcourt Properties Limited t/a Ashcourt Student Accommodation, Ashcourt House, 60 Cottingham Road, Hull, HU6 7SD; or
- by phone: 01482 442288.