Creating purpose built, exclusive and secure student accommodation in Hull

What bills are included in my rent?

If your contract is bills included, the rent includes: gas, electricity, water and wireless internet charges. Please check with the office to see whether your property includes the bills.

Can I stay in the same room next year?

Yes! Existing tenants are always given first priority over the property they are staying in.

Is there a deposit to pay?

We don’t take a bond or deposit against out properties. We do however charge for unfair wear and tear. If you think you have caused chargeable damage it is best if you let us know, rather than wait for us to find it. We are often more understanding if this is the case.

Is there an admin fee to pay?

There is a one off, non-refundable Ashcourt Admin & lifestyle fee of £200 to pay on the signing of the tenancy agreement. If you decide to stay in the same property or move to a different one of our properties for the next academic year you do not have to pay it again.

Do you insure my possessions?

Your contents. Covered.

Ashcourt Student Accommodation work in partnership with Endsleigh, the No. 1 student insurance provider, to provide some cover for the contents inside your room. You don’t need to do anything to activate this cover, but it is important for you to check and ensure that you fully understand the protection provided and whether it is sufficient for your needs. Your policy number is HH1629.

Visit Check Your Cover to:

  • Check your level of cover
  • Review key exclusions and limitations
  • Check your policy excess
  • Learn how to make a claim
  • Extend and personalise your cover to protect laptops, phones and other valuables against all risks

Endsleigh knows that life can grind to a halt without your possessions, so it is worth spending a few minutes to establish whether the things that matter to you most are protected both inside and outside your room. They are the only insurance provider recommended by NUS and have been shaping their products and services around their customers’ needs for over 50 years.

Developing products built for students, Endsleigh understands that protecting and replacing gadgets quickly is hugely important to students; that’s why they will replace any lost, stolen or unrepairable gadgets within 24 hours of your claim being approved. Their cover can protect gadgets, watches, bikes and musical instruments under one policy—giving you the flexibility to build your cover to protect the things that matter to you most.

To find out more, visit Check Your Cover.

Are pets allowed?

Unfortunately we have to take a very strict policy on not having pets. Not only can they attract vermin some of our staff are allergic to them and therefore cannot carry out any necessary maintenance if they are found in a property.

Can couples share rooms?

Only one person can be in full time occupation of any room. It would not only be a breach of contract to have a permanent guest but it is also against regulations. However, we do offer dual occupancy tenancy agreements on our 1 bedroom studio flats and apartments.

What do I do if I lose my keys?

Replacement keys and smart cards are available at a cost of £25 each. If you do lose your keys DO NOT attempt to force entry. Damage caused by forced entry can be  VERY costly and you will be charged.

Can I smoke inside the property?

All our properties are non-smoking throughout. It is a breach of contract if anyone in the property, tenant or not, smokes inside the property.

What if I can’t afford my rent?

Let us know at the earliest opportunity. Our contract is with you and not the student loans company. It is beneficial if you let us know if your loan is going to be late, in advance of the rent being due. We always explain how much the rent is before a tenancy is signed.

What if something goes wrong with my house?

We have a large team of full time maintenance staff should any issues arise whilst at the property. You can you use the Student Swipe mobile app to report any non emergency issues any time, from the comfort of your own home. Alternatively, you can email us at or call us on 01482 44 22 88 (option 1).

What if there is an emergency at the property?

In the event of a serious emergency such as a major water leak or gas leak our emergency out of hours number is 01482 442288 (option 1) then select Option 2. This is for use in emergencies only, not to report normal maintenance issues.